Looking back over our last year, I can say that Hyde Park Baptist church has been blessed and the Lord has given me much cause for thankfulness in his goodness.
Here are some highlights:
- We have been blessed by going through the book of Matthew and especially the Sermon on the Mount.
- In our topical series we have learned about dealing with matters of conscience and have seen the beauty of the redemptive thread in our series, The Jesus of Genesis.
- We have worked our way through 44 chapters of Isaiah in Sunday School.
- We have discussed various practical topics on Wednesday nights including assurance of salvation, fear of man, and the love of God in our lives.
- Our counseling ministry is growing with two of our own training in biblical counseling. Many of our own fellowship, as well as some others from outside, have seen God’s grace and truth work in their lives work transforming power. We have seen marriages strengthened, anxiety conquered, doubt overcome, and sin defeated. Praise God.
- We have rejoiced in baptism and we have more coming in the beginning of 2019.
- We have seen some beautiful brothers and sisters join us and engage in our family.
- We have reached out to our community through various evangelistic events and have made ourselves more visible (especially on Sunday morning market days).
- We have dramatically increased the involvement of our men and ladies in discipleship and our men have now read a book each month for seven months. Readers are leaders.
- We have seen some change in style and process, but we have not lost love and unity.
- We have preached Christ, pleased Christ, and are becoming more like Christ.
Next year will see more members, baptisms, our nursery and children’s discipleship. God willing, we will also continue to seek further ministry opportunities to reach our family, friends, colleagues and community with the good news.
Brothers and Sisters, our ongoing efforts in gospel ministry need your help and as you consider the end of our financial year as well as our calendar year. Please consider giving some extra Christmas and end of year generosity to our local church. As a small church in a difficult area, our investment in the ministry of our Hyde Park Baptist Family is a ministry of eternal significance for all those who come into contact with us and walk through our doors.
And always remember… “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich. And in this matter, I give my judgment: this benefits you, who a year ago started not only to do this work but also to desire to do it. So now finish doing it as well, so that your readiness in desiring it may be matched by your completing it out of what you have.” 2 Corinthians 8:9-11